Information for authors
Preparing your proceedings paper
IOP Conference Series uses author-supplied PDFs for all online and print publication. Authors must
prepare their papers using Microsoft Word or LaTeX, according to the journal guidelines and templates, and
then convert these files to PDF.
It is important to ensure that when you submit your paper, it is in its final form ready for publication, and has
been thoroughly proofread. IOP do not copy edit or reformat papers and will not send out author proofs prior to
publication. Post-publication changes are not permitted, so please ensure that your paper has been checked for errors.
By submitting a paper an author and all co-authors are assumed to agree with the terms of the
IOP Proceedings Licence.
Do not submit your papers directly to IOP Publishing; please contact your conference organizer for submission instructions.
Templates and guidelines
When preparing your paper please check that:
- Paper size is European A4.
- Margins are 4cm (top), 2.5cm (left and right) and 2.7cm (bottom).
- The paper includes the author name and affiliation (full address including country).
- There are no page numbers, or headers and footers, within the paper.
- The PDF is free of formatting errors (e.g. corrupt equations, missing or low-resolution figures), since conversion from Word to PDF can introduce formatting errors.
- Text is single spaced, not double spaced.
- The PDF file is editable and not password protected.
- All pages are portrait (landscape pages should be rotated).
- Reference lists are checked for accuracy. References can only be linked via CrossRef if they are correct and complete.
- Figures are placed within the text, not collected at the end of the document.
- A thorough proofread is conducted to check the standard of English and ensure wording is clear and concise.