HTML Proceedings Announcement – please feel free to download and use this HTML file for the
proceedings announcement on your conference website. The following details need to be added:
- submission deadline for authors
- email address for author submissions
Submission Guidelines for Organizers – it is important to follow these guidelines when preparing the materials. On submission we need:
- Each paper as an individual PDF, named numerically, according to the order in which you would like them to appear
- A table of contents (giving the order of papers and sections)
- An Editorial (this can include any information you like – e.g. conference overview, committee lists, acknowledgements etc)
All papers should be in PDF format, and in final form ready for publication. We do not edit or proofread papers after they are submitted to us. Please check each paper to ensure:
- Paper size is European A4.
- Margins are at least 25mm all round.
- The paper includes the author name and affiliation (full address including country).
- There are no page numbers, or headers and footers, within the paper.
- The PDF is free of formatting errors (e.g. corrupt equations, missing or poor resolution figures), since conversion from Word to PDF can introduce formatting errors.
- Text is single spaced, not double spaced.
- The PDF file is editable and not password protected.
- All pages are portrait (landscape pages should be rotated).
- Reference lists are checked for accuracy. References can only be linked via CrossRef if they are correct and complete.
- Figures are placed within the text, not collected at the end of the document.
- A thorough proof read is conducted to check standard of English and ensure wording is clear and concise.
Template for Shipping Addresses – if you have ordered hard copies please use this template to list the addresses to which your print copies should be shipped. If possible, please supply this when you submit the papers to us.
Questionnaire for Organizers – we would be extremely grateful if you would spare the time to complete this questionnaire and return to us on submission of the papers (the PDF is interactive so can be filled, saved, and then returned to us electronically).
Choosing your publisher and publication
The following is a list of the key features and advantages of publishing your next proceedings with IOP Conference Series.
- Open access: All articles are free to download in perpetuity. Online publication includes:
- creation of online versions of the abstracts contained in each paper
- creation of hyperlinked references and tracking of future citations
- unlimited number of pages in each article
- unlimited use of colour online
- unlimited extra multimedia items (e.g. simulations)
- Visibility: Papers are widely indexed and IOP Conference Series receives more than 2.3 million article downloads per year.
- IOP Proceedings Licence: Authors retain copyright. No forms for organizers to administer, substantially reducing your workload.
- Fast publication: proceedings are published within 4 to 6 weeks of IOP Publishing receiving accepted articles.
- Prepublication approval: Organizers log into our prepublication servers to check and
approve their proceedings prior to online publication
- Conference promotion: For selected events we can provide highly targeted promotion of your conference, at no cost.
Who does the peer review of your proceedings?
We ask for the peer review of papers published in the IOP Conference Series titles to be undertaken through processes administered by the
organizers and proceedings editors. The detailed procedures will vary from event to event according to the custom and practice of each community.
For full details please read our Peer Review Policy.
Note that all published proceedings will contain a clear Statement of Peer Review confirming that the editors have conducted the review process
in accordance with our published guidelines. We believe that this is a very valuable way to communicate the work done by the editors and to confirm to
readers and researchers that the work has been reviewed.
An overview of the publication procedure
The following notes provide a summary of the IOP Conference Series publishing process.
- Submit a quote request online, or contact us directly with details of the conference.
- The IOP Conference Series team will review the details of your conference and write to confirm if we can offer a proceedings publishing contract.
After any further discussions we will send you a draft publishing agreement which will contain all the details and terms of publication.
- The organizers must inform authors of the IOP Proceedings Licence.
- Authors submit their papers to the conference organizers who manage the peer review. Once review of the papers is completed the conference organizers submit the final papers to IOP Conference Series in one batch. Papers submitted to us must be PDFs and must be in their final form ready for publication (as we do not edit or
proofread papers after they are submitted to us). Please ensure that all changes have been approved by authors prior to the PDFs being
submitted to IOP Publishing.
- Papers should be submitted to us via FTP (ftp.iop.org) using the account details recorded in the publishing agreement. Or if using ReView (our submission and peer review system) organizers should inform us that the final accepted papers are ready to be exported.
- On submission of the manuscripts organizers should also return a completed questionnaire. The interactive questionnaire can be downloaded here.
- Production and publication. We will process the PDFs into a format suitable for publication and upload them to our
pre-publication servers. The communicating editor will be sent a username and password to access that server to make a final check of the
proceedings before they go live. Please note the following important points:
Upon publication we will write to authors (who have supplied an email) informing them of publication and provide them with the URL of their
Printed copies (if applicable) will be prepared and shipped shortly after the online publication of the articles. The communicating
editor will be supplied with PDF proofs of the cover.
- Once a paper has been published online, changes will only be permitted in cases of serious scientific error. In those cases, an erratum or
corrigendum will be published according to the practices of professional scientific publishing.
- Changes resulting from stylistic issues cannot be made to proceedings once they are published, so it is important that authors and organizers ensure papers have been adequately checked and proofed prior to submission.